Afgo money making tips

Thursday, May 10, 2007

List Building - How to Make Money From Your Campaign the Very First Day

When I first got started online, the one time offers were very popular. When I first say these, I thought they were gimmicky, and that the conversion rates on those pages would eventually go down. Now, I was building (and still am) a list and a system that I believe has strong value today, but that will also have strong value for many years to come. I do not believe you can build a long term system that will continue to be effective, with gimmicks and others tricks.

Because of that, I decided not to go with a one time offer (OTO), but decided to do something very similar: offer a product of mine on the redirect page my autoresponder supplies to me, where they send my new subscriber once they have opted in.

Instead of indicating that this is the one and only time someone will see this offer, instead I am truthful with them, and generally start the page off with copy like this:

Thanks for downloading my new ebook 'insert title here'. To verify that I am sending your copy of my ebook to the correct email address, I am sending you a confirmation email to confirm your email address. Once you have verified your email address in that email, I will rush your ebook to you.

However, in the mean time, please check out my newest ebook 'name of ebook' here:

And at this point I have a sales page for a product of mine.

This allows them to get an offer on this page which is not a OTO, but generally converts very well – in fact, in many cases, well enough to pay for the upfront costs of the campaign. Keep in mind that at this point, someone is generally very interested in you and your offerings – and in many cases will pay for more information – instead of just settling for the free information in your free ebook giveaway product.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home